. Like her, I got fed up and cut the list of songs down to twenty-five.
1. Open up your music player. Hit shuffle.
2. Record the first few lines of the first thirty (I did 25 because I am lazy and want to go to sleep) songs that come up that do not give away the name of the song. Skip instrumentals, but don't skip the embarrassing ones.
3. Make hapless LJ denizens guess the song names and artists. Google is cheating. For musical songs, the name of the musical is acceptable in place of the artist.
4. Least hapless LJ denizen wins admiration. That's right, just like a lobbyist in budget season, the points don't matter.
I also omitted most of the choral stuff, because ‘Guess the Mag and Nunc and Ave Verum” is not a particularly fun game... The folk songs are arguably a bit unfair, but as there is no actual prize, I feel less than guilty.
1. Put a candle in the window, but I feel I’ve got the blues.
2. To sail on a dream on a crystal clear ocean, to ride on the crest of the wild raging storm. (Not one of my favourites, I must admit).
3. It’s autumn in Gothenburg, I want it all to myself.
4. Oh my bags are packed, I’m ready to go.
5. I’m going higher, I’m soaring higher, far above the clouds of doubt and fear.
6. Walk a lonely foreign street, hunger sets the pace.
7. Called you so many times today, I guess it’s all true what your girlfriends say.
8. No I would not give you false hope, on this strange and mournful day.
9. Well you wonder why I always dress in black.
10. Grab your ticket and your suitcase, thunder’s rolling down the tracks.
11. Come rede me dame, come tell me dame, my dame come tell me truly…
12. I was lost in the lakes and the shapes that your body makes.
13. In dem Kerker saßen zu Frankfurt an dem Main.
14. If you want a lover, I’ll do anything you ask me to.
15. One dark and stormy winter’s night the snow lay on the ground.
16. I had a little gramophone, I’d wind it round and round.
17. Didn’t know what time it was, the lights were low.
18. Walking out on the resurrection trail, going nowhere slowly.
19. Jetzt ist der Unsinn bald vorbei, es war auch allerhöchste Zeit.
20. Come gather round people wherever you roam.
21. I wish, I wish, I wish in vain.
22. Woke up from a dream Thursday morning.
23. Te Deum Patrem colimus, Te laudibus prosequimur.
24. She’s taking her time making up the reasons to justify all the hurt inside.
25. Just as the sand made everything round.